There has never been a better opportunity to use your spare time to get a side hustle going. Especially with all the available technology to support a business, social media channels to connect us with customers, more flexible working to give us time and an array of investment options from traditional methods to crowd funding.
With a sprinkle of your own entrepreneurial instinct and hard work, who knows where another venture might take you. More than a second or third job, most side hustles are a passion project that comes with the added benefit of additional income. Win-win.
Exploit your creativity. Are you an artist or fashion designer? Use internet-based marketplaces to sell your wares or take a stall at your local craft market to promote yourself. Street food has really boomed in recent times. Showcase your culinary delights with a pop-up or host guests at home with a supper club. Perhaps you’d like to brew craft beer, trade vintage t-shirts, upcycle furniture or set up an arts festival. Why not start a blog about something your passionate about? Read our making money as a blogger post to find out more.
Whatever your idea might be, here are some great bits of advice:
• Pick something you’re passionate about. This is what will drive you and keep you going when it gets hard and the extra work starts to take over daily life, including time with friends and family.
• Be patient. Even those well publicised ‘overnight successes’ have been years in the making.
• Focus on the small wins. Celebrate them! Each one is positive and will keep you going and your spirits high.
• See failures as an opportunity to learn. As with every new venture, not everything will go as planned. Make the most of them and remember – every cloud has a silver lining.
• Be willing to listen, open minded and adaptable. This will help you and your idea evolve for the better.
The Cost of Christmas TV Adverts in 2018
Your wedding doesn’t have to cost the earth
Which of the world’s football transfers make the top 10?
Enjoy a free day out with one of our many ideas for the whole family